Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I heard a Big BAM!

Coaching For Real Estate Agents

And then our power went out! Yesterday at 12 noon the power on our street went out here in South Florida. There was no storm, no hurricane, no winds that could give us a power outage. I heard the transformer blow out with a loud BAM. And if made me wonder, “ WOW! Is Florida Power and Light really ready for the next big storm?”

I spent the next 30 minutes shutting down our computers and electronics in our office. I was thankful that we have battery back up power surges. That gives me a good 20 minutes to run around and shut down our systems.

For all you Real Estate agents; I would strongly suggest that if you do not have battery back up systems that you go out and invest in them today. No matter where you live a power outage can happen and you need time to shut down your computer safely so you do no lose your data.

It makes you think about getting ready for hurricane season which is coming upon us again. It is better to be prepared in advance before the problem happens. If you live in a hurricane area now is the time to prepare and get your supplies in order. Real Estate agents can send out a postcard to their database reminding their contacts to get prepared and add some tips to the mailer.

We went out to eat last night since we had no power. We did not want to go through the headache and hassle of setting up the generator. When we got back we started looking for our flashlights. Of course during the year since last hurricane season the kids played with the flashlights. We went to get the flashlights and most of them were not where they were supposed to be. Well, that makes you think some more about being prepared. So guess what is on my list to do in May? Get the batteries, flashlights, first aid kits, and food supplies all in order! What is on your list to get ready and be prepared?

We did not get our power back until 9:30 p.m. last night. So I was not able to post in my blog yesterday. I usually write my posts and upload them around 2 p.m. daily during the week. I don’t usually write in my blog on weekends because that is family time for us.

We are very blessed to live such a great life! A Real Estate agent’s life does not have to be chaotic and stressful. You can learn the skills needed to reduce your stress levels and organize your real estate career in such a way that you control your business and therefore your business does not control you.

You can email me at Katerinag@bellsouth.net for coaching and consulting information for Real Estate Agents. I am a Realtor and a Business, Career, Health and Personal Coach, Real Estate Business Consultant, trainer and speaker. Yours In Real Estate, Katerina

Coaching For Real Estate Agents

No comments: